Fame Wizard is an exciting and rapidly growing artist development company dedicated to educating and inspiring independent musicians to reach their goals in the music business.
We are currently looking to add one (or possibly two) Talent Scouts to our staff.
The Talent Scout position is responsible for:
- Evaluating applications from musicians for quality, professionalism and viability
- Contacting and communicating with artists via telephone and e-mail
- Clearly and effectively communicating Fame Wizard’s value proposition and assessing an applicant’s candidacy for the development program
- Enrolling new artists in the Fame Wizard development program: taking payments by phone, providing support in the transition to working with a Coach, resolving occasional billing issues, etc.
Additionally, despite being over 3 years old with a proven track-record of success, Fame Wizard is a start-up atmosphere where each and every member of the staff is expected to be able to fulfill multiple roles and help as needed.
An ideal candidate should have:
- An excellent understanding of the economics of the modern music business
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- A friendly, approachable and pleasant demeanor with a passion and enthusiasm for music, most importantly for musicians and helping them succeed (financially)
- Demonstrated success in a high volume, short cycle sales environment – in particular over the phone
- Experience working virtually or telecommuting
- Industry cred, e.g. label experience, touring act, management experience, etc.
- A working (fast) computer and internet connection
Our company is staffed by industry veterans, working musicians and successful business people all around the country. This would be a “work from home” position that includes a base monthly salary plus aggressive commission structure and company cell phone. This is a 1099 independent contractor position that does not include benefits, however performance based stock options and additional incentives (gift cards, instruments, spa packages, etc) are offered as deemed appropriate by Fame Wizard.
E-mail a cover letter that proves you’ve read something about our company and why you are a fit as well as an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Talent Scout” in the subject line.
Check back often to see additional positions as they become available.